Navratri which means nine nights is one of the greatest festivals of Hindu. During these nine nights, nine forms of Shakti/Durga is worshipped and fast are kept. Tenth day is celebrated as Dusshera and Durga pooja. It symbolizes the triumph of good over evil. Navratri takes place at the beginning of October.
I will be posting some of the fasting recipes which can be eaten in these days. So keep checking this post.
- Lauki ka halwa (Bottle gourd pudding)
- Lotus seeds curry (Makhane ki subzi)
- Roasted Makhane (Roasted lotus seeds)
- Aloo Chaat (Spiced Potatoes)
- Makhane ki kheer (Lotus seeds pudding)