Diwali or Deepavali is called the “festival of light”. Hindu worship goddess of wealth lakshmi on diwali, they also light lamps to celebrate the festival. It is said that the lamps are lit so that goddess lakshmi can find its way to people’s home.
Diwali is the well known hindu festival in UK. The festival celebrates the victory of good over evil. People wear new clothes on diwali, exchange sweets with family & friends, clean their houses and decorate them with fancy lights.
Fireworks are also displayed on diwali.
Here are few recipes which you can make this diwali :-
- Easy Murukku Recipe/ Chakli
- Dahi Bhalle/ Dahi Vada
- Coconut ladoo
- Makhane ki kheer
- Chole Masala (Spicy Chickpea curry)
- Bhatura recipe
- Aloo Tamatar (Potatoes cooked in tomato gravy)
- Palak Paneer (Spinach curry with cottage cheese)
- Bombay Pav Bhaji
- Medu Vada (Lentils Doughnut)
- Shimla Mirch ka Salan (Capsicum cooked in peanut gravy)
- Lotus seeds curry (Makhane ki subzi)
- Gajar ka halwa (Carrot Pudding)
- Lauki ka Halwa (Bottle Gourd Pudding)
- Milk Peda (Milk Fudge)
- Chocolate Peda (Chocolate Fudge)
- Methi Malai Matar (Fenugreek leaves curry with peas)